I have a Biostar I45 how do I RUN RAID0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion233

Baseband Member
I'm really anxious to use my RIG I have two 250 GB Hard Drives that I want to set up in RAID0 but I heard you have to configure RAID0 before my install my windows. Can some list the steps to setup RAID 0 for my rig because I don't want to $200 for something I can do for me

your motherboard manual should likely have that information. there are only a couple here with biostar mobos, and i dont know that any of them run RAID.

to install the driver to windows, you dont have to do it before you install, but you will have to use the Windows Setup Disc... just whack the driver (it should be an executable) on a floppy (for XP) or a USB drive (Vista) start the install process... for Vista, its a fairly simple point and click process... just wait for the screen which asks if you need to install any third party drivers and find it on your drive... for XP, you've got to start the install (or repair) process and hit F6 when you see "Press F6 to Install Third Party AHCI/RAID Drivers" (or something to that effect)... then select the floppy drive and the appropriate driver for your SB

to set RAID up on your mobo, you should just have to enable the RAID function in the main BIOS, then, on startup, somehow (consult your manual, or Google it) enter the RAID BIOS, from which you can create/remove RAID volumes

and some mobos come with a RAID setup disc as well. usually they are floppies, so if you dont have a floppy, they are worthless. you can DL them from biostar im sure.

yeah... the driver will either come on a floppy, or you'll have to put it on a floppy from the CD that comes with your mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom