I finally made up my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need more input PLEASE.

It has taken me awhile to make up my mind and I wanted to know if I should make any changes. For example, should I go with the 3200+ to save some money?

I'd say to be safe, get some name brand components. soyo mobos are cheap and good. get some kingston value ram, even though it's value, it's still kingston. the harddrive could be a western digital. The total was only 980, so i wouldn't be trying to save money, that's a cheap for a good comp.

And yes, an AMD 3200 is still a great processor, even better than what i have.

If I go with Value Ram, is there any possiblity that I will be able to overclock.
I am thinking about going with a AMD 3200+ 939 Winchester Core because I hear the Winchester core is better than the Newcastle Core.
The case looks a little bad, but it is supposed to be silent, and that's what I'm going for (silence).
Would do you think?

I am thinking about going with a AMD 3200+ 939 Winchester Core because I hear the Winchester core is better than the Newcastle Core.
You are correct, the winchester core will run cooler and overclock much better than the newcastle core ever will.

the 3200+ winchester ties or beats the 3500+ newcastle at stock speeds on many reviews i have read and i will overclock alot better. and yea, get some kingston value ram, i heard it overclocks well.

I think I am going to change the CPU to the AMD 64 3200+ Winchester core and the memory to Mushkin value ram.

Any other changes that I should make?

How well will this computer perform? I need a computer that can perform in everthing I do, is this what suits my needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom