I feel sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but you guys are wrong.

The Price is actually really good.

What you are missing is what I have been trying to hammer into your heads in these forums.

Look at the stats again:

AMD64 technology uses a 64-bit platform for enhanced multimedia performance

1600MHz system bus using HyperTransport™ technology

Processor architecture operates at 2.0GHz

It has a 1.6 ghz FSB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FRONT SIDE BUS, PEOPLE THE FRONT SIDE BUS, THE FRONT SIDE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.6 Gigahertz.

Newegg, doesn't even offer anything over 800mhz!!!!!!!!!

Look, the Processor Runs at 2 Ghz with a 1.6 Ghz FSB...THATS HUGE!!!!

There is only a 400 mHz gap, which means Literally ZERO bottleneck.

You people have to understand why the FSB is important.

I'm an Mac Advocate, you wonder why a Power Mac G5 Blows away all the PC's it's because of the FSB.

Once again I am a Mac ADVOCATE, I LOVE APPLE MAC!!!!!

And this chip for under 500 Bucks is huge. I wish My Mac could support this chip!!!!!!!

It's the Front Side Bus, It's the Front Side Bus, It's the Front Side Bus.

get it?

Some one please find a chip with 1.6 gz FSB under 500 bucks!

Jeez, now I feel sick! ;)

Newegg sells 1600MHz Athlon 64 processors . (Look at the specks under the processor's reviews ) The problem is that motherboards made for 64s onlysupport 800 and 1000MHz FSB so the processors FSB doesn't run at its full speed . the Atlon 64 2800+ , 3000+ , 3200+ , 3400+ , and 3500+ are all under $500 at Newegg . Why do you think BestBuy's price is good ? Why waste $200 if you can buy from a more reliable source and then have enough money left to buy a motherboard or a 9800 Pro ?

Just to clear that last post up:

Best Buy lists the chip as having the model number AMDADA3200B

NewEgg.com lists the chip as having the model number ADA3200BOX

This is the same model number, they both leave out something like this

AMDADA3200BOX - Actual Model Number
AMDADA3200B## - Best Buy
###ADA3200BOX - NewEgg.com

This is the SAME chip as sold on Best Buy's website for only $255, compare at $489! Refurbished or not, why spend twice the price???

leandroc76 said:
I'm sorry but you guys are wrong.

The Price is actually really good.

What you are missing is what I have been trying to hammer into your heads in these forums.

Look at the stats again:

AMD64 technology uses a 64-bit platform for enhanced multimedia performance

1600MHz system bus using HyperTransport™ technology

Processor architecture operates at 2.0GHz

It has a 1.6 ghz FSB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FRONT SIDE BUS, PEOPLE THE FRONT SIDE BUS, THE FRONT SIDE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.6 Gigahertz.

Newegg, doesn't even offer anything over 800mhz!!!!!!!!!

Look, the Processor Runs at 2 Ghz with a 1.6 Ghz FSB...THATS HUGE!!!!

There is only a 400 mHz gap, which means Literally ZERO bottleneck.

You people have to understand why the FSB is important.

I'm an Mac Advocate, you wonder why a Power Mac G5 Blows away all the PC's it's because of the FSB.

Dude, get the facts straight. I just bough a CPU off of newegg for $222 or something. And it DOES have 1600MHz FSB. Havent you seen the posts agex and i have been posting asking about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom