I Desparately Need Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

murihikukid

Baseband Member
I have a PC with an Asus Av7 KT133 Mother board.....due to a recovery operation ..I purchased a 160GB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive ....I partitioned and formatted it into 3.....a C drive (10GB) a D drive (70GB ) and an E drive (70gb)........and installed XP on the C Drive....
But ..
The Seagate is showing up as a SCSI on all 3 partitions ......
Plus
although C and D drives are quite healthy and one can install etc on them the E or 3rd partition is just the opposite ..It locks the PC up if I try to open it etc....

Could this be related to the Asus motherboard ......I am desparate ....I need help to get this PC operating properly...
Thanks
MKid New Zealand

Just a guess...
I notice on board Promise card for this board. I know RAID uses SCSI. Try connecting the HDD to the "standard" IDE ports.

I desparately Need Help...

Thankyou both for your immediate reply......I have two questions .. to the Rage first...Yes it has got built in Promise Technology....(I wonder if any drivers or the right drivers are installed?)
Do you know where I get XP drivers for Promise?
Now I am unsure what you mean by the "Standard" IDE ports.....Does this refer to the cable.....IE instead of plugging it into the "primary Ultra 100 IDE socket ......do I plug it into the Secondary Ultra ATA 100 IDE socket.....

Kadahaf...Can one remove a partition without harming the files etc on the hard drive.....Both the D and E partitions are nearly full .....Are you saying if I could unpartition the two this would help...

I apologise for being a dumbie here....But your help is very much appreciated ...Mk NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom