I challenge you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah people. I screwed up here. Dont follow my footsteps and comment about whether or not it's cheating. Focus on giving advice for the cards. I shouldn't have made those comments and hijacked his thread, so PLEASE no more comments on the flaw. Move on, give links to performance charts, whatever. Lets get this thread back on track

-Nubius

Performance wise, the 6600 GT is better, and it has GDDR3. Witch helps alot. (EDITED) for nubius

Anyways I would also like to get back a little on track and please don't hate me if you think I cheat I would rather have not mentioned that if I knew it would cause an uproar. I am still considering nvidia so your suggestions are helpful and I would rather not have to spend the effort trying to flash the 9800 to an xt.

But I was looking at some more graphics cards and he needs a new mobo anyway so he might very well go pci express. And I see in the $200 price range on newegg some 6600 gts that are pci express and some ati x600s and x700s.

So I'm wondering is there much of a difference between the 6600 gt agp and pci express versions? And how do they compare to ati x700?

dale5605 said:
So I'm wondering is there much of a difference between the 6600 gt agp and pci express versions? And how do they compare to ati x700?

Difference between AGP and PCI-E on the 6600GT isn't very noticable at all. Not really anything to worry over, just go with what your mobo can handle.

And they both would RAPE an X600 or X700. Those were budget line cards made for people who couldn't afford the X800 series...and they dont perform as well as they should have.

PCI-E 6600GT's have an advantage because of the 1.6ns ram compared to 2.0ns ram on the AGP versions.

This gives PCI-E ones a better overclocking advantage. It has nothing to do with PCI-E vs AGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom