I challenge you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went from nVidia to ATi...and came crying back to nVidia lmao. ATi hasn't been too good to me (people blame me because i went with there low-end card), but i went with nVidia's ancient low-end cards as well and they are SUPERIOR to ATi's matched category (64MB MX-440)...go figure.

If you are going ATi because they play AA better...then i'd say thats on a card to card basis. ALL nVidia cards don't have problems with AA, there is probably jsut a card you tried that did poorly ot did not have the right pixel shader technology.

I went ATi because my nVidia card was not supported in Thief 3 game. Does that mean Thief runs better on ATi cards? no...just my perticular card didn't work.

no you misunderstand, they both play the game equally well, just that with ati the shadows off of players actually jut through walls and floors so you can locate them (among the players this is known as the ATI shadowbug) , they aren't really supposed to but they do, with nvidia the shadows are just normal and display behind the player but they do not jut through walls.

ati cards will give you shadows through the walls whereas nvidia does not
.........yeah so basically you want to cheat? That shows inferiour card quality. Just like the MSN wallhack that lame ATI had forever. On some drivers forget which, whenever that MSN notification came up, you could see through walls completely.

Get skill in the game, quit wanting to cheat, and dont discredit a card simply because it doesnt allow you to cheat.

the 6600GT will whoop up on the 9800pro.

Nubius don't tag me as a cheater. That is in no way a cheat or an exploit. That is an UNINTENDED effect of a piece of equipment (or maybe it's the game code itself I don't know). Most all of the top players in aao have ati cards because they all have the shadow bug (regardless of drivers it seems). If you happen to buy an ati card it is simply like that, there is nothing you can do about it, and there is no attempt to cheat on your part. That is just simply a hardware thing. I mean people with better computers will always have an advantage over the people with weaker ones. So saying that using a perfectly legitimate ati card with the latest approved catalyst drivers installed is a cheat is just like saying that because someone has a 6600 gt overclocked and runs perfectly smooth in firefights they are cheating over the person with the geforce2 that freezes up in firefights. I know it's your opinion and that it is very hard to define what cheating it with all the possibilites on computers but I think calling me a cheater and saying I need to get skill because I bought an ati card is way out of line.

And actually as it happens I consider myself to have real skill at the game, and I don't know if you play it but I have never even heard of an msn wallhack and I have been playing aa for about 2 years now. I am an honest player and I am very nice when I play with people and always try to have a good time. You are judging me way too much and personally I consider it rude.

Another thing! I did not discredit the 6600, I believe it is a great card and actually I credited it by saying that it does display shadows correctly as it should and there is nothing wrong with that. If anything I am discrediting ati! I was just saying that the shadow issue is factoring into the decision and it is one of the pros of my brother getting the ati.

Uhh yeah, you tagged yourself as a cheater there pal. You specifically wanted to get ATI so you could see the shadows through the walls, and inadvertant EXPLOIT whether you seem to think so or not. Exploit = Taking advantage of a flaw, which you are clearly doing

You are getting peoples locations based on seeing their shadow through walls...THAT IS AN EXPLOIT, when you have an unfair advantage and specifically because you say "Well Id rather get ATI so I can do it" so obviously you're saying you can't play as well without that little bit of help.

The MSN wallhack thing is rather old and said this, it was previous drivers and I don't even know what driver or specific card.

This proves ATI has inferior cards to some degree if it causes such BS in games.

I don't know what your conception of an exploit is, but anything that gives you an edge over the other player, IS AN EXPLOIT, ESPECIALLY since you said yourself you'd rather have ATI specifically for that reason.....soo yeah think what you will, but that's cheating. It may not be a blatent wall hack, aimbot, multihack or anything like that, but you are depending on specific piece of hardware for seeing shadows through walls...that's just ridiculous.

If you have skill in the game, then 'Seeing shadows through walls' shouldn't even be weight into your decision based on buying a card. The performance that the card gives you should influence your decision, not so you can get peoples locations because of a design flaw of ATI's cards.

EDIT:
and saying I need to get skill because I bought an ati card is way out of line
I said if you HAVE to use that exploit, then you need to up your skill. If you have skill, then you shouldn't need to rely on that exploit and have it effect your decision on buying a card purely because it has that flaw

Are you just trying to increase your post count or what? This topic had nothing at all to do with what is or is not cheating and how decent of a gamer I am. Yet you derail the thread and personally attack me. That in my opinion is not how a moderator of any forum should conduct himself/herself. I'm not going to argue with you and I'm sorry for my comments.

Yeah I'm trying to increase my post count.... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for hijacking your thread man, but seriously...you're justifying buying a card purely because shadows can be seen through a wall...

You're supposed to be looking for cards based on performance, not because they have certain flaws, and when you say you'd rather go for a more expensive less performing card simply because you can see shadows through the wall? Whats that about. That is an exploit, you're sacrificing performance to take advantage of a flaw.

You sir, are a cheater.

You did specifically state that ATI shadows going through walls is an advantage for that card. That is runing the game for everyone.

Regardless Chris, lets just stop.

Dale sorry for hijacking your thread.

I'll make no more comments about the flaw, and please no one else do as I did and comment either as that's not the basis of this topic.

:beard: yea man that just shows that you want to cheat because your willing to give up performance from your whole machine just because a shadow flaw gives you an edge over the other players. And they should all be ashamed to for using it too because godmode is an edge just like a glitch is too. Its a form of cheating no matter how you look at it. If you cant play the game the way its supposed to be designed then your cheating. simply put.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom