I challenge you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard nothing but good things about eVGA and BFG.

Reading up, eVGA is very good at RMAing cards as well as BFG.

However I cannot stress how much bull people have went thru with the XFX cards. 6 week RMA's and refusal to RMA. I am stuck in this situation with XFX now.

I would say get the 6600 GT also
although the 9800's were a good card for their time, they just don't really compare against the 6600's.

when getting a new card, be careful with AGP or PCI-E
motherboards don't have AGP and PCI-E

Why do you want to go with a 9800 ATi card? For a $215 budget NOTHING is going to outperform an eVga 6600GT overclocked or stock.

That 9800PRO is overpriced and pretty old...even overclocked to its max AND Flashed to an XT it's not going to perform as well as the 6600GT overclocked.

The price - performance of a 6600GT is far better than with a 9800PRO.

If you (or your bro) are an ATi fan then by all means spend all your money on a 9800PRO, but just to let you know the 6600GT will outperform it at the same amount of money and you will be losing money that way. that would kind of suck:confused:

Well we used to use nvidia originally but since then I have bought an ati and was very pleased with it and now my brother wants to get a card. The main reason we prefer ati is because we mostly play america's army and ati cards will give you shadows through the walls whereas nvidia does not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom