i cant figure out whats wrong with my cd drive!! hlp plzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinxsphere

Solid State Member
ok my cd/dvd drive like a few days ago just randomly stopped reading cd's except audio cd's, my jno cd, and my Nero cd, and it read all dvd's. i tried putting it in my old computer and it ran every cd and worked perfectly normal. i took the old cd/dvd drive from that one and it worked perfectly fine on my computer. i used that and reformated. then i put my good drive back in and it still doesnt read most cd-roms! i cant figure out whats wrong! im useing xp pro. my old one was 98.
help me plz thanks

I had the same problem with my DVD±RW but it failed reading my cd during an installation of Linux :( I ended up exchanging it with another.

The drive must be failing .... sounds like a hardware prob itself .. Try n' get a replacement

I don't think the drive is broken, it sounds like a hardware incompatability or more likely a driver problem. What is the type, brand, and model number of the drive?

After you format with Nero are you reformating with InCD.So you can use the CD or DvD like a hard drive.InCD should be on your nero disk.

Deadguy said:
After you format with Nero are you reformating with InCD.So you can use the CD or DvD like a hard drive.InCD should be on your nero disk.

Guys.. i think ..ur misinterpretting his question .. he spoke about formating his harddrove n' reinstallin' .. n' not about formating cd's..
Secondly .. i still think it's a drive problem .. 'coz Xp has already recognised his drive .. it just doesn't read some discs..!

sphinxsphere said:
ok my cd/dvd drive like a few days ago just randomly stopped reading cd's except audio cd's, my jno cd, and my Nero cd, and it read all dvd's. i tried putting it in my old computer and it ran every cd and worked perfectly normal. i took the old cd/dvd drive from that one and it worked perfectly fine on my computer. i used that and reformated. then i put my good drive back in and it still doesnt read most cd-roms! i cant figure out whats wrong! im useing xp pro. my old one was 98.
help me plz thanks

Sounds like your lazer in the combo drive is about to have the ****. If it under warranty, then get it exchanged.

What brand is the drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom