I can't believe somebody wrote this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igetshockedalot

In Runtime
Cyber pimps,
I'm no PC guru, but I'm pretty positive that this PC could NOT BE BUILT. I found this on a NEWEGG review thread and I couldn't help but share it with you!!! Note that this guys is referring to a BFG Tech Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card ($700+) for picture viewing!!! BTW , what the Hell is RAID 10??? LOL! The post follows... KON

"Awesome!!!
Wow. Thats all I can say. I just put two of these in my grandmothers computer because she was wanting more speed loading web pages and family photos. The performance is unbelievable. I wonder how good the new JAVA 5.0 will look? Shes soo happy now. Here are the specs.

A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
AMD X57 San Diego CPU
4 Gigs 400 Corsair XMS memory
2x BFG 7800GTX Vid cards
4x WD Raptor SATA 74Gb @ RAID 0+1
4x WD Raptor SATA 74Gb @ RAID 10
2x SSI SLI 850w Power Supply
2x Plextor DVD/DL Burner
Lian Li PC-V2100A case
Koolance EXOS-2 Water Cooling
2x ViewSonic VX924 19" 4ms"

That all sounds like another way to say "I have cash bonfires on the weekends."

Raid 10 and Raid 0+1 are the same thing as far as I knew. Basically you've got two mirror sets that together make up one raid 0 stripe set.

That sounds like a totally idiotic setup though. With that many drives, he'd be better off using them all in some monstrous Raid 5 or Raid 7 array, and it would be just as fault tolerant and hot swappable.

I hope grandma has a server rack at her place to store that thing in, I bet its LOUD.

EDIT: By the way, if I was going to try to burn $10,000+ on a PC, I'd at least have multiprocessor, lol.

something leads me to believe that either he is full of crap or has a crazy and incredibly wealthy grandmother. jeez how could there even be enough of a problem on integrated graphics for a grandmother to justify wanting a gfx card upgrade

edit: holy crap!!! i didn't look at the number of drives before. i just saw "WD raptor" and assumed there were maybe two of them. i hope like hell this guy is lying and is still operating on a commodore 64 because i just hate people that could burn money like that

Grandma must like playing the latest games at 2048x1536 w/ 8x AA and all the sliders pushed up past max...

Wow. Thats just said. This guy knows nothing about computers. I can run pictures perfectly with a 500mhz P3. :rolleyes:

No way thats real. Anybody who would be that stupid wouldn't be smart enough to list the specs in the way that this reviewer did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom