I am at my last wit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitire

In Runtime
I have replaced the psu with a 300 watt fortron microatx, replaced the HD, reformatted with 2 defferent disks, 2 defferent operating systems(both xp). It freezes right at load. no bar. immedietly. I have no idea what to do and i am about to go physcho. This is my friends computer and i cant screw it up..

Have you tried reformatting, or trying another operating system?

Linux is completely free to download, and they ship it to your home if you want.

Does it POST? Have you stripped it down to the bare essentials and tried it like that?

Yes, it has POST. I can maneuver BIOS, install 2 defferent versions of windows, etc. etc.

I am going to go install linux on it now see what it oes.

try conecting your hard drive into the ide socket for the dvd ,cd driv,e maybe the hd socket is broke, or the mobo could be gone (just a sugestion anyways)

Bad mobo/IDE cable/IDE slot?

My guesses. The bad mobo and IDE slot are kinda one in the same, though. Have you tried all the parts in a different computer?

Could it be an overheating issue? I had this issue before or it also could be something wrong with the boot. Try checking the boot and see if its overheating from the processor.

trying resetting the cmos, use 1 ram stick, reformat the drive, happened to a recent build, hope that can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom