I am getting Sick of aol

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOL is bad...yes...but...

They are the only ISP that seem to give me a steady connection. MSN, Netzero/Juno, PeoplePC, etc. Never did, or if they did, they had a 4 hour limit or some garbage like that (NZ!)

AOL is damn expensive at $23.99, but like someone else said, some of us have to deal with dial-up. Broadband, nor dsl/cable is available. It is dial-up or DirecWay ($800+ to setup, $60/mo w/2yr contract and BAD reviews)...for now.

As far as their spyware...
AIM: Use Trillian or Deadaim (or a varient).
Delete all the crap AOL installs with itself.

As to someone saying you can't kill it while it forces updating...you can kill it easily by killing the process "waol".

The thing that pisses me off the most though, is that even AFTER charging this much, they still have ads on their email/main pages... ridicleous.

And never use the in-aol browser. Even though it's IE, it sucks. Open up an external IE or use Firefox/Opera.

:p

Yeah, as bad as dial-up is, if you can get a good dial-up connection (36-53k), its better than getting Direcway and paying $600 for setup, $100 per month, only for 512Kbps max (most of the time speeds are downward of 256k) downstream, 48k max upstream, and a cap of 168MB per day. I am so glad cable became available in my area, because I was so close to getting Direcway.

AOL 5.0 was ok but anything after that is a pain . I use wallmart connect It's a scalled down version of aol reminds me of aol 5.0 at $9.99 a month .No popups/adds/garbage/ to deal with .

its probaly becaues they dont have broadband in there area yet.
or they do not use the computer as much.

Yeah, I was that way until February, when they finally ran cable into my very rural neighborhood. Like I said before, I used NetZero, and it was AWFUL. Their software is nothing other than malware, and it takes a format to undo the damage it does. If I had to use dial-up again (i don't plan on it), I would get something that would allow me to use Windows DUN to connect instead of a special software.

There is no DSL or cable where i live, and msn dont have a limit for me to be online, usualy when i get dissed its because of me being idle online and not doing something... and then when im idle they dont diss for like 2 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom