I am getting Sick of aol

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOL is terrible. They spam you with 10 desktop icons and all over your start menu, in your program files, everywhere. Then if you want to play a game on aim you have to use wildtangent which is known spyware! Not only that but I heard when you use aol for your isp that they monitor what sites you visit. They have some very bad business practices and should be avoided at all costs.

k so aol is 21.99 and the cheapest dsl which is way fster than aol is 29.99?

If you have to use dial up no mater what y not netzero is 9.99

well sbc yahoo dsl have a deal right now for 19.99. while aol is 21.99? thats just plain dum@$$ stupid.

AOL is worthless.

I rode their free turtle for a year before they quit giving me more months. Truth be known, I wanted rid of them by the second month. That's when I figured out that your internet wasn't supposed to crash to the desktop every thity minutes.

The connections suck with AOL. I finally found a site that had some good info on optimizing your connection, which helped (wish I could remember the name of it...modempage, modempages, something like that).

I also discovered that if you log on to AOL, minimize it, and use a different browser it won't lock up or crash as often, only one an hour or so.

AOL updates itself whether you want it to or not, and it refuses to die no matter what you try to do to get rid of it. It came preinstalled on my computer, unfortunately. Any computer that I own from now on I will build, and AOL will never come near it.

Oh I forgot. Aol also installs something called Viewpoint media player. This is also spyware!!!

AOL is like a trojan, you let it inside your computer because you use it for the internet and then it unleashes a bunch of spyware and crap that only a reformat will truly get rid of. Since my experience with AOL I never install anything related to aol on my computer. I have even switched to using Trillian messenger to avoid using AIM.

phosho510 said:
well sbc yahoo dsl have a deal right now for 19.99. while aol is 21.99? thats just plain dum@$$ stupid.

I'm on it right now, it's no 3 meg cable, but at 1.5mbps, it's right for the price. Bad thing, you have to agree to a year contract.

NetZero is the same way. Even after I was on cable, it didn't feel like true broadband till after I formatted, and it just took forever to start applications and stuff. If you have to be on dial-up, use something that doesn't require a special software to log in. Because all these various softwares are is malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom