Hyper Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I particularly like the WD Raptor :p One of these days I'm going to get a couple of their 76GB drives and RAID em' Other than that we almost have the same system. Yours is a bit faster I assume (3.2Ghz -> 2.8Ghz)

..... Don't know what to say but thanks. I read that article and it convinced me that buying 3x160 HDDs is a bad idea. I think I'll just purchase 2 76GB Raptor IIs and put them on a SATA interface with WinXP on one HDD and games/paging file on the other. Your a life saver, and mula saver man :) Thanks again.

GameGURU, BLuEnGrEEnPC and all others Thanks very much for appreciation, yes this is my system, but not for gaming :), I havent even got a pinball installed on my machine. :)

and didi, yes you are right with multiple boot systems, but this has a reason behind, and that, is, I am into both design and web developent, therefore I am using WInXP for my designing purposes, and WIn2K for Development, as I have 2 application servers, and 2 database servers installed on the WIn2K besides the O/S itself, and As if i had been putting all load on the WinXP, this wouldnt be fair. and I dont want as well to stop each and every server on start (application and database servers start by default on start-up )

Agreed?

i wouldnt mind having your computer, especially the speakers, hard drives, lcd and xp OS

thanks koldapo, speakers = that i seldom use :) may be for 3-4 hours in a week (hahaha), I installed Audigy just because Asus's own sound card that comes with P4C800, is crap. Though i hear very little bit of audio weekly, but I require clear sound. thats is reason for creative products.

Monitor = yes, I have searched it out after 3 months of work, as I need (thin frame + USB Hub + 1600X1200 resolution) and thats in ViewSonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom