Hyper Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i know people who have 400GB of storage on their comp

really . . . they have filled up 400GB

B&Gpc,

Your not getting it... You said 2x250GB HDDs is better and will save me money while my 1x80GB & 3x160GB HDDs give me MORE space and cost LESS money. Here, let me do it like this to make it easier for you lol:

B&Gpc recommendation:

2x250GB Maxtor (for comparison sake) HDDs
Cost: $400.00
Capacity: 500GB
Speed: 2 1x drives

crazybeans recommendation:

1x80GB Western Digital HDD
3x160GB Maxtor HDDs set to use RAID 0
Cost: $359.50 (less mula)
Capacity: 540GB (more space)
Speed: 1 1x and 1 3x (faster speeds)

I really hope that's easier to understand lol

Well, I went the extra mile to get a 550w PSU, now it would be a shame to waste that extra power now wouldn't it :p

but its whatever u want... but like ive said B4.. I.. I.. I, would just get TWO 250GB harddrives.. but then again, i wouldnt get more than 1 HD.. and like ive said B4, again.. THATS you, YOURS.. ive said this about 100 times.. and u keep sayin more.. when i dont need to hear more

ehh, this is more cost effective . . .

it doesnt matter . . .

i mean . . .you can get 1GB of memory any way . . .

4 x 256

2 x 512

1 x 512, 2 x 256

still . . . its still 1GB . . . one way may cost more . . . another may cost less . . .

still gets the job done

you started it lol. You knocked my extremely large capacity (~0.5 Terabyte) and I had to defend it. So take what I said or leave it. I find having large capacity makes my system ready for the long run. Future games will all be on DVDs up to 9GB. Install a few, or alot, of these games and 0.5TB doesn't really sound like that much space.

well to me... 500GB sounds like alot.. considerin i have a 80GB harddrive right now and i still have over 70% free space.. but im still d/lin more games n stuff.. so when you think about it... 500GB of space sounds like alot.. cuz ur prolly not gonna keep games on ur PC now when all those DVD games that take 9GB of space come out.. but still i think 500GB of space sounds like alot.. and once again, i guess thats just me

hes right . . . (crazybeans)

i mean, with all the gfx and sound games today and in the future will have, theres no doubt that games may have to come on TWO dvds!

i mean, ever heard of moores law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom