Hughes net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitemoves11

Beta member
Anyone know how to set up Hughes net satallite? I am in Southeast Virginia, just had a new roof put on my house and wanted to try to set the dish back up with out having to pay the 100 bucks or so they want to charge me. The service hasnt been all that great and I am not recommending them to anyone but it all I can get out where I live, cable and dsl not available here yet and dial up is S L O W.

I got 4 more months to pay for this crap and wanted to try to re set it by myself. Any clues or hints ?

set up how? you could put a pole in the ground and the dish on it....BUT

i am not sure how accurate this is, but before...you could do it yourself. Then they started requiring professional installation.

so...I don't really know what's what. But it's not all that hard to set up...just depends on how you want to set up physically...or talking about setting up the deck...etc

I doubt you will want to do it yourself. Don't quote me, but I'm sure they have to have the signal receiver on the dish set at a certain angle, and if it's not, then it might not work.

Satellite isn't that good either - for online gaming, anyway.

Its already put together, I just need to get it lined up correct for the signal. Was just shooting in the dark to see if someone had Hughes net and or was an installer for them and could give me pointing directions and tips for adjustments

The system should have a signal monitor in it. You set the dish up facing south (at least thats what it was on my old direct tv) and then fine tune it using the signal monitor on the box/tv. They require professional installation because thats an easy way to get 100+ bucks out of new customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom