HUGE Glitches after attempted network setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0t

In Runtime
Ever since I attempted to create a wireless home network(And failed btw, I'll worry about that later though) the host computer has been going through some problems. The host computer(Computer hooked up to both modem and router) became extremely slow during it's Windows bootup process. It'd take 5-10 min for Windows to boot up, compared to the 1-3 minutes it used to take before. Now, I figured this was due to the workgroup name changes I had to make, aswell as the computer name changes, which I thought were neccesary to create this network. So, after changing the workgroup and computer names multiple times, it was still extremely slow during it's boot up time. So, I did a system restore to the date when I first installed my router(I didnt try to create a network until 2-3 days after I installed my router). It seems to have worked, the system boots up in the time it used to, the workgroup names and computer names were changed to the way they were pre-network attempt. Even though the bootup time is back to normal, I am now faced with a new problem. Whenever I bootup the computer, and I try to go into 'My Computer' it has to search for the various drives(C drive, Removable storage drives, etc.) for about two or three minutes before they'll show up. The flashlight animation will appear for about 2-3 minutes, after that I can finally see my drives. Not only that, but it takes around 5-10 of 'loading' before I can see the 'workgroup computers' in My Network Places. I'm pretty sure this is all a result of the attempted wireless network setup, since this didn't happen before. PLEASE, PLEASE help. I've been attempting to fix this for the past weekend, nearly devoting the whole day for the past 3 days to this.

Info:
Router- Linksys WRT54G wireless-g Router V.5

35 views and only one post?

Anybody? Comeon guys, I've been dealing with this issue for the past 4 days now. I've tried running defrags, disk cleanups, virus/adware scans, etc. I've removed unused programs/files. No luck. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom