HP Scanner Problem....Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midge

Beta member
Hi all.

I have an HP Scanjet 5P scanner that had a yellow vertical streak the entire length of the scan bed. I found out how to remove the cover and remove the mirrors. There was some discoloration on one of the mirrors, so I cleaned it and replaced it.

The problem I have now is when it makes a scan, the head scans all the way to the bottom of the scan bed and then gets stuck there and won't return to the home position. I went to HP's website looking for answers and found none!!! I tried what they said to "re-home" it, and it did not work. It is still stuck in the bottom of the scan bed. Scan comes out totally black and makes noise. I tried disconnecting it from the power supply, still the same problem.

All help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

When you took it apart, are you sure that you re-seated everything else correctly?

yeah, probably reseating everything will fix your prob. make sure no screws are left out after you finish the assembly

Hi again.......thanks for the responses......took it apart again and found out I had the long mirror in backwards! Turned it around and it seems fine now.......THANK YOU SOOOOO much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom