HP Printer sharing????

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
We have an HP printer here and it is used in network printer-sharing. Im not specific with the model. We have 2 terminals in LAN and Im using the terminal that is not directly connected to the printer. When I print from that terminal it flashes an error that somewhat says the printer is not available and I must consult the administator if it persists but after cancelling the first printing session the following sessions are ok. It always happen after I restart the PC and print. What could be the problem?

I would say, update printer drivers. If it's USB change it to parallel or better yet, if it is a network compatable device just plug it straight into the hub/router..

Remap (reinstall) the printer on the remote system with updated drivers too..

Also, if the network is not TCP/IP then change it over to a TCP/IP network with static IPs. It could be still searching for the printer on the network the first time you try to print (this is often the case with a netbios network).

One of these should fix it..

Hope this helps,
Alexander

the error message appears yet after clicking OK, the printer icon on the task tray doesnt exit and you still have to close it manually. after closing it and starting another printer session the printer just works fine again. Think there is a hindrance like RAM of the main terminal or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom