hp photosmart s20xi photo scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubbock_tx

Beta member
:( help! I am having trouble installing an hp photosmart s20xi photo scanner. I have an hp pavilion 753n windows xp computer. I keep getting the scanner not connected message.

you have plugged the USB/ paralell cable from the printer to the computer, AND the power supply is connected to the wall outlet with the end connector plugged into the printer, AND the printer is powered ON?

did you also install the printer drivers or is it that the drivers will not install?

Yes, the USB cable and power are plugged in. I downloaded driver ps803mu from hp website (after I posted_ ....when I click on the driver icon from desktop to install, I get a fatal error message. I am a REAL beginner at this. thanks for your input.

can you tell me the error message you are getting? it could mean that the operating system is corrupt. that would mean you would have to restore winXP after backing up your data.

i am totally clueless. it doesn't sound like an operating system error and reinstalling may do nothing. contact HP through their website or phone to get some answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom