Hp Pavilion 7950

Status
Not open for further replies.

u8mypaygoo

Baseband Member
I'll tell you the whole story.
One day, I turned on the computer on, about 2 hours later, it shut off by itself, so i was "Okay, why did it turn off?" then I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't. I changed the battery in the Motherboard but I don't think that was the problem. Then my cousin changed the power supply for me, and it still didn't turn on. So now we all think that it is the motherboard because power is going throught the power supply but not to the motherboard to turn it on. So now I have to get the same exact Motherboard, but I do not know the motherboard number. So I need your help..PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Download "Belarc Advisor". It will give you a list of all the parts in your computer. Oops forgot you can't do this since yours isn't working. You could try the HP site or give them a call.

FIC AM35 appears to be the stock motherboard costing if you can find it, around $150. Best bet would probably be to buy a modern board (Asus makes one that drops in). You will be able to use your processor, ram and just about everything else that you would like to keep. Your stock board comes with a power supply that was made just for HP. So, it would probably be in your best interst to buy another power supply. Even buying the board and power supply, you will save a lot over what the stock board cost if you could find it. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom