HP Pavilion 4540 HD Wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
i have an HP Pavilion 4540 (running 98SE, 256MB RAM(maxed out)7.9 HD, Intel Celeron (want to upgrade to PIII if possible)) and its really slow (pass down computer) and it has a bunch of unneeded crap. I want to wipe the hd but when the computer boots, it doesnt have the BOIS screen, it just shows the HP Hewitt Packaging (or w.e) flash screen.

How can i wipe the HD, do i boot from 98SE cd (if i do, i dont kno how without the BIOS screen), is there a program to wipe it in windows?

restart the pc

before windows 98 loads up, press F2, ESC, or F11 to get into the BIOS. Tell the BIOS to boot from CD, and put in the windows cd of your choice!

like i said, the BIOS screen doesnt show up, it shows the HP flash screen then goes to the windows 98 loadin screen. Will i be able to get into BIOS from teh windows screen? i didnt think that was possible

yea i have a new computer but i use that one at my other house. my specs for my new computer are below in my sig. that computer is mostly for chattin when i'm not on the one i built.

thanks for the help but i figured it out, HP put the flash screen over the BIOS so you couldnt see it (HP is gay like that) so i can get into BIOS now. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom