HP iPAQ 1910, would like to re set it to factory defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
How do I re-set a HP iPAQ 1910 back to factory defaults.

The reason why I want to do this is that the work's SERVER 2003 Server screwed over my network setting last year. And I have been trying to get the iPAQ to work 100% correctly with my home PC.

It's getting to the point where if I reset my iPAQ to factory defaults, I can start again and have every thing working in about 15 minutes.
as appose to reverse engineering the mess that the work server has done.

Please help.

apokalipse said:
reformat and reinstall
put in the OS CD and go from there

ipaq_1930.jpg

Where's the CDRom Drive???

What I would like to do it a hard reset. Now there is reset button on the side on the iPAQ. The problem is that so far, I have been known to press it for as long as 1 minute. And the only thing it did was stop all the active processes.

Orginally i had this PDA set up so that my home PC would be primary computer that I would like to sync with. So all everything will sync at home. Meanwhile at work, the only thing that i would like it to sync is my calander events, tasks, files.
Plus I can keep an eye on what any one as email me during the day.

Anyways, this was all working fine untill my boss upgrade the server to 2003. And now the PDA thinks that the server is now the PRIMARY computer that it needs to sync with.
Thanks to this, I have lost all my contacts, tasks and calander events 2 times now. I was able to restore them very carefully.

But now, i have the contant problem at home (or any where) where the iPAQ what to synconise with the server at work.
It will show a message saying
Troble Connectin.
Unable to coonnect with current setting. To change your connection settings, tap Settings.

Now I have toyied around with the setting, and i have gotten everthing to work except for sending and recieving emails via the PDA.

Since it been about 4 months since i have orginally had this problem, it getting down to the point where it would be simpler just to blow everything away and start anew.

sorry, i think this is the correct way:

Stuart
The way to invoke a Factory Reset is.......
Switch the 1910 off.
Press and HOLD the power button at the same time as pressing and HOLDING the soft reset button.
The screen will display a progress bar as all you lovely date is totally wiped - gone - binned. So I recommend you do a FULL BACKUP before attempting this.
Regards
Stuart

as far as your server2k3 problem i have no idea Silesia. maybe it does not support that OS. other than asking HP, i have no advice to give you :(

Actaully that link help me out.
Now I have my PDA back to normal.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom