HP Deskjet 930C and Windows 7 64-Bit

imarc

Solid State Member
Hello! Here at my workplace today, I upgraded a user's machine. The new machine has Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (on the company domain). He has a Deskjet 930C Printer he uses faithfully. To my shock, Windows could not find a driver. I went to HP's site and was unable to find a driver. It pointed me instead to "Use Windows Update." I went to the Microsoft Update Catalog and found a 930C package that supposedly has the right driver, however it doesn't install. Windows tells me that "there was a problem installing the driver." So, me and my IT colleagues are totally stumped. There is one more person that needs to be upgraded with this same printer. So, any help or direction would be nice. At this point all that I've discovered is that Microsoft and HP are playing the blame game. Thanks TF

- Marc - IT Professional

EDIT: I installed the HP Universal Printer Driver. It does install, but the printer cannot understand it. It just prints out random characters.

I used Windows update to solve this. When adding the printer click "Windows Update" when the driver selection window shows up then select HP then DeskJet 930C.

Back
Top Bottom