HP Or Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a cheapo-case dell 4600. I runs fine.. seriously not lying! Never had problems... ever.. if there was, it was the applications fault or something strange. Never had a virus either but that has nothing to do with anything. I can still game all games on realitively decent settings.

Anyway hp offers the amd processors and better power supply for the money, but their options for video cards and other things is very poor compared to the xps solution.

I have no problem with the hardware. I would have been happy to keep it, it's dealing with the company if and when that becomes necessary.

That was worth money to HP to avoid. And, HP support is beyond compare to Dell. I used to say that about Dell, but that company has gone downhill. Not only in support, but I've spend over an hour trying to get in touch with the right person to make account corrections and they just don't make it easy.

Ask around before you buy Dell.

Tom

I'd like to update my status with Dell, and hope to underline the incompetance of the service organization.

After returning the hardware after asking and being told I would have no charges, shipping charges were not credited. After calling when I recieved a bill I called and within an hour reached the proper person who credited shipping charges.

A month later I received a bill for approximately half the shipping charges (2 parcel in the shipment, apparently they credit them 1 at a time). I called again. This time it took more than an hour, bouncing around among different departments, and again told the final shipping charges would be credited.

The next day I received a nasty phone call telling me I owed money. I explained the status and clearly they did not believe me. The next week I got another call.

Today (this is over 2 months later) I received a letter telling me I owe a balance of $42.44. At the bottom of the letter is a statement: Total Due: $30.00.

I called the 800 number and received a recording telling me my balance is $0.35.

I'm going to send the $0.35 in cash. And I hope to God never to hear from this company again.

Hardware may be OK, but there is stuff just as good with organizations that want to deal with customers like they are people.

Good luck all.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom