How will ATI respond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerios

Banned
Hmm in a couple of benchmarks, the Nvidia 6800 Ultra is almost double that of the Radeon 9800XT...

Haha this is how Nvidia responds to the gaming community after being ridiculed that their previous cards arent good with half life 2

Now, the question is how will ATI respond to the awesome 6800?

Hopefully with less power requirements so people with barebone systems(i.e. mini pcs) can use move powerful video cards.. My roommate has the Shuttle XPC with a power supply of 250W.

DeathToCats said:
Hopefully with less power requirements so people with barebone systems(i.e. mini pcs) can use move powerful video cards.. My roommate has the Shuttle XPC with a power supply of 250W.

Thats for sure cause requiring a 480 watt PSU is bloody ridiculous!!!!:rolleyes:

It should be a close fight because they are both 16 pipes, so its a showdown of better architecture and fabrication:confused:

I'll be curious to see which card company utilises PCI Express the best. AGP itself is quite an old technology (about 1998 or something) and the card companies have gotten a little too comfortable with it - it will be nice to see who manufactures the fastest PCI Express card.

Although I think it will be a small performance gap between the newest GPU's from NVIDIA and ATI.

Didn't any of you read the whole article at www.tomshardware.com ? It clearly states that the card in reality uses much less that 110W (Think they maxed out at 288W on a barebones sysem under load). And on The Screen Savers, they reviewed the card running a 420W PSU... I think that Nvidia just wants to play safe and make sure that nobody runs into power problems forcing them to review the card as "unstable".

mrsp2man said:
Didn't any of you read the whole article at www.tomshardware.com ? It clearly states that the card in reality uses much less that 110W (Think they maxed out at 288W on a barebones sysem under load). And on The Screen Savers, they reviewed the card running a 420W PSU... I think that Nvidia just wants to play safe and make sure that nobody runs into power problems forcing them to review the card as "unstable".

Yeah, we all know that, but people who can afford a $500 card usually have all the extra's which eat up alot of power:confused: Your still looking at atleast a 400 watt PSU to run it and that usually means a PSU upgrade, which is the main concern behind them suggesting a 480 watter:rolleyes: To run the card, you'll likely need a new PS.

I'm still not a huge fan taking up a PCI slot also.. Again if you have a barebones and you want to add a sound card or wireless lan, what do you do? Hopefully ATI won't follow the same suit as nvidia with this configuration...

Yup, VERY awesome card, VERY powerful, but I'm not quite ready to see my computer blow up like a bottle rocket just yet.

That card would probably blow my computer to smithereens, and with my luck, ME TOO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom