how they linked computers into supercomputer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
I just saw the news yorks times one day that makes me wonder, they said few high school told their students to vulenteer to donate old machines that are in 600mhz-1.4ghz to a web ready shared network? to form a supercomputer, using linux. I wonder how they do it, and how it work? I mean how the os is installed sinultaneously within this computers. if i want it to run a super large program how can i run it? that turns up my curiosity, can anyone give me any clue?

apokalipse said:
I dunno, but they can't perform nearly as well as the G5 network

You and your G5's. You don't even own any and you think there the best. That's hilarious, it's like saying something without experience or proof. Also I have seen networks like that. Its basically a giant RAID network, or it can be, all computers must be turned on in order for any of them to work. Each one connects and waits for each other computer to start up, then each computer system sync's to each other.... I had a friend that had that setup. It was neat.. I have never seen Mac's setup like that. Nor have I ever seen a supermac.... I don't even see them in network environments..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom