Solid State Member
hey everyone,

athalon xp 2000
512 mb pc 2700 generic ram
mx440 8x agp 128mb
60 gb western digital harddrive
350 watt powersupply
some generic cdrom drive

heres the deal: this is all older components of a known to work computer that has been upgraded. i decided to build a new comp out of all of this stuff. slap it all in my case and hook up everything
and i get harddrive spinning, fans spinning, led lights on my board say the system is booting, ram is good and pci slots are good. no post no beeps[not sure if my speaker is workin]. tried clearin csmos, ram in different slot, 2 agp cards both work, tried a pci card dont kno if that works, and the power supply is on the right setting, dont kno if it is good but i get all fans and ect., aslo two monitors both which work.

i have come to the dreadful conclusion that it has to be a CPU or MOBO issue if this is the sad case, how would i kno which, and for sure because im 14 with limite income so it would suck to have to buy a new cpu and mobo.

thanx all

Search the internet for a mobo manual, you need it both for component compatibility and to know where to put you 'PC-speaker' cable.

If you can't get into bios setup, you'll have to create a disk for that, consult your manual / online tech support.

What brand is your mobo?

k guys,

ad77 infinity DFI mobo
have the manual
rams good its in my other computer right now thats on and all
everything should be compatible because it was at one point on this motherboard
also i forgot to mention that i have put the mobo on a non conductive surface and it still gives me nothing.
in addition all the LED lights come on and tell me that pci is good, ram is good, and the others say that the system is starting up. cheked that in the manual.

thanx

alright MicroBell will do...tommorow after skool, if that happens how will i tell which device is dead/bad?
thanx so much all of you

but thats what ive been doing and i haven't been able to decide whats toast, i think its the mobo, i guess i can try my psu on another comp, and if i were to try the cpu on my other motherboard, if the cpu was damaged could it in any way effect my other motherboard?
thanx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom