How should I set up 4 hardrives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would just not use the 5400rpm 10gig cos its really slow. maybes leave it screwed into ur case but not plugged in and have all ur important documents etc on there and back up regualar :)

a raid (Redundant Array of Independant Disks) is where you set up 2 or more hard disks as one hard disk. There are different types of raid. Raid 0 spreads data over 2 disks which then inproves performance. Raid 1 writes the same data to 2 disks so if one fails your data is not lost. There are many other types of Raid but Raid 0 and 1 are the most commonly used. I know there is a version of raid called Raid 5 where it spreads data over 3 or more disks but im not completely sure on that.

Wayne

OK, i have a similar question. I have 1 SATA 160GB Western digital HDD, and 1 optical DVD+-RW. I have room for 4 SATA drives and 4 IDE drives. I have an old 120GB western digital HDD that i want to place in this machine. How should i set it up? I am running XP Pro and my mobo is the Asus A8N-SLI.

THX.

Plug your WD 120 gig hard drive into the channel which is not occupied by your LG drive.

This means give the hard drive it's own seperate cable, and set it to master

Pilotwings119 said:
yep i'd do it that way. i can't imagine having another hd... i already have a 250 gig maxtor.. dammnn... one day i'll have like a couple of terrabytes lol

I know what you mean! I have one 300GB hard drive and one 250GB hard drive and I filled up the 300GB one and down to like 30GB on the 250GB one..dang..lol.

a friend of mine has used about 160gb of his 200gb Hard drive, and i thought that was a lot. I have used all but 37gb on my 120gb HDD and im waiting for a 80gb to put in a external case.

I am using about 35-40GB, but I will soon be using 70-80 cause I still hav to copy everything to my other partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom