How to ship a cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kid

In Runtime
Hello, someone recently said they are interested in buying a few old processors i had laying around from the old days (pentium overdrives and whatnot) but they live on the other coast of the US, so i was wondering what ideas, or methods any of you may have on how to safely package a cpu and ship it, with a heatsink. Obviously its out of its original packaging and the box and its materials ere thrown away back then. Thanks for any help!

Well, I just sold a CPU. I shipped it in it's original packaging. If you don't have that, and you don't want to risk bending pins, you could snap off all the pins and put them in a little plastic bag. Just kidding, don't do that!

a box, little beans ( styrofoam) or bubble wrap inside the box, and try wraping the CPU in a nonstatic bag if you can find one. Ask UPS- other for shiping.

I sold one on ebay a while back, thought I had it well packed but still some pins were bent.

If you don't have the original packing, then make sure it can't move about in the box you send it in, even a little, most be immobile, else the pins will bend

New CPUs come stuck in a piece of foam. You can try to find some foam and stick the CPUs in it.

Yes, it is a serious question, and thanks all for the ideas, didnt know what materials may damage it when shipping.

I guess this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom