How much would u spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
So how much would u guys generally spend on a new computer (without the monitor) (US $) ? And how long would you keep your computer before upgrading/replacing?

I usually spend only like $1200 US. And I generally keep it for like 3.5 years. After that I give it to my parents and get a new one :D.. As for upgrades, I usually only upgrade the amount of memory...

Well w/o the monitor, about 6 K
But some of the $$$ I spend now will go into the next rig I plan on, if I do get this coming rig I am planning on, but I am never sure when to buy...
YNB

Jesus Christ.. I could buy a used car with that much money!! It sucks being a student :(..

I usually don't build entirely new computers at once, I'll add on chunks of parts here and there so I'm not really sure, I think I have spent no more than $800CDN on computer parts during a single purchase.

In March when I buy a new case, PSU, CPU, motherboard and memory, plus heatsink and thermal paste to replace those parts in my Duron machine, I think the total comes to around $800CDN once again.

After that, I plan on replacing my 80GB hard drive with two 74GB Raptor drives and a larger 300GB ATA drive in June, which should cost me around $600CDN, and then I plan on replacing my optical drives in July for about $150CDN.

Finally, my GPU will be replaced in September or October of this year, which I have budgeted at $500CDN plus a PCI tuner, but I do plan on being able to still get a pretty decent price on my Radeon9800Pro AIW.

I also plan on adding a soundcard and a new speaker set over that time period sometime.

I plan on upgrading every year or so, spending around $1800. That is from now on of course since I know where to look for good prices now, which give me more motivation to spend money.

Well so long as this current build goes ok, I would probably spend about £1200 maximum on a whole new rig. My current machine was made by a company and that cost me £1700.

I would upgrade every 3 years unless something major happened in the market (new technology, price slumps etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom