How much do you spend on hardware?

Which HouseGuest Would You Like To Return?

• KAYSAR - "He shall come back for revenge."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MICHAEL

• ERIC - "I'll give him another change, good thing CBS didn't have to kick him off".

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
to be exact, the most i spent on computers short of building a new one is about $70...a radeon 9200SE video card and a 256MB stick of RAM

I've spent way too much lately. $200 on the 6600GT, $200 upgrading to the 6800GT...around $300+ for water cooling including all the little things I've bought to mod my case out with, sheet metal, fans, LED's, things like that.....and then next month I'll probably be spending another $450 or so, $150 on a new socket 939 mobo, $200 for a retail 3200+ venice and probably $100 for a 200gb HD....

I generally spend about $1500CDN on a new computer each time I built, which is probably about a grand in american funds?

This one coming up is more expensive though:
3200+ Venice - $280
Lanparty - $180
Rev2s - $285
6800GT - $500 (hopefully)
PSU -$250
Case plus mods - $250
74GB Raptor - $250
250GB secondary - $200
Watercooling - $350

Add about 15% to the total for taxes and it gets pricey. :(

dhw200 said:
Uve got a decent system, with a powerful CPU and nice RAM. do u really need to do a complete rebuild for Unreal 3?

Well, by that time, the A64 3200+ will be old news, and the GeForce 6800 series will be like the GeForce 4 TI series is by today's standards. When I play Unreal Engine 3, I am going to want to max it out on release.

TheMajor recently upgraded, I believe. Where's he at, we need to drag him into this... *looks around*...

wooo, you are going BIG. That must be a very nice PSU
lol was that directed at me? I'm getting the powerstream 600 watter for this thing, I was originally going to go with the modstream but I don't like its limited power plus I have a feeling the cables will have a hard time stretching across the stacker. I would have just gone cheaper and gotten myself the 520w powerstream, but it does not have the 6 pin PCI-E connector for some silly reason. :(

The RAM and GPU are what really end up hurting me, I found some Rev2s for $285 but the guy said he might've sold them and hasn't gotten back to me so I might end up having to pay full price which close to 400 with tax most likely. I found a 6800 LE which is basically a downclocked Ultra that has been fully modded going for $415 shipped which I would like to get but it's AGP so that's a nono. I can get an eVGA 6800GT for 465 right now but I'd still like to go cheaper if possible.

If you added a 4000 to 5000 option up in that POLL i would have selected it. I spend stupid amouts of money on hardware. I'm a PC technology junky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom