How much do you spend on hardware?

Which HouseGuest Would You Like To Return?

• KAYSAR - "He shall come back for revenge."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MICHAEL

• ERIC - "I'll give him another change, good thing CBS didn't have to kick him off".

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be changed to a year, in which case it would be about £400 ($800) now I have a computer which is worth upgrading (I went too long with my old one, so no parts could be used.) So about $66 a month.

I have to say I'm surprised that the bottm 3 have any votes, thats alot a year.

Yea, the average person dosent even make that much a month. And even if they did, I hardly think they would spend it all on computers. Every month. It would become rather pointless. Unless you want EVERY new technology that comes out, so you are never behind. But only people like Bill Gates and Donald Trump have that luxury.

beedubaya said:
I can't afford to be spending a lot on hardware, although I do buy stuff occasionally. I spent $2000 on my system now when i built it last june. I am planning on getting a new graphics card this summer, then building again in summer 2006, for Unreal Engine 3.

Uve got a decent system, with a powerful CPU and nice RAM. do u really need to do a complete rebuild for Unreal 3?

beedubaya said:
I can't afford to be spending a lot on hardware, although I do buy stuff occasionally. I spent $2000 on my system now when i built it last june. I am planning on getting a new graphics card this summer, then building again in summer 2006, for Unreal Engine 3.

You sound sane compared to some of the people here :confused:

I will be planning on a new $1200-$1500US system every 2 years, and a new $200-$300 (If I really feel like going all out :) ) monitoer every 3-4. That works out to about $70 a month. As for upgrading in the middle of a system "cycle," I don't really see the point. That said, I will be fixing some of the mistakes I made with this buold in the next few months (X600XT -> 6600GT, 512mb -> 1024mb), but after that the only way I'm spending money on componets is is something breaks.

The only thing i would upgrade between now and when i do my next build in a few years is my CPU.

Not many people spend over $500 a month on hardware. We usually spend that much (and more) on a 3 to 6 month span (ie - we do major upgrades every 3 to 6 months, not every month). If someone was spending 2-grand on hardware a month, they'd be building a whole new machine each month. There's not much you can buy that will suck up 2-grand in a single purchase.

We should get the Maj up in here. He spend roughly $500 on HW in 4 or 5 years. :p

sorry maj, had to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom