How much do YOU invest?

Which service does not depend upon Plug & Play?

• Fax Service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logical Disk Manager

• Print Spooler

• Smart Card

• Logical Disk Manager Admin. Service

• Telephony

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think my dad dumps in about 500 anualy but some times as low as 100. we don't really have computer money on the side i think.

About 1K every year, sometimes I'll skip a year. I have the cash to spend more, but I don't. Seems like a fine line between staying current and being wasteful. I game alot so I like to stay on top, but I don't go nuts.

I bought one last year, and I built my own this year. Next year probably all I need will be a new graphics card though. This rig will last me a good 2-3 years other than that.

i upgrade once in a while. . . and after the comp just seems unupgradeable, i build a new (ever 2-3 years?)

Well, I am smart future proof buyer and upgrader........ I like to keep my PC up to date, always have the current technology, so I think I am a yearly upgrader:confused:

Right now I am planning upgrades for this PC, and planning for the future;) I got it all worked out already :)

well what I'm doing to my current machine is the first time I've technically been able to invest money in my machine. I've been computer savvy for a while and for a little bit last year I got out of computers and now I'm back in and boy have I learned a lot of new stuff. So far I've spent $400 in the last 4 months but thats from only 3 purchases. ANd my first purchase was a chaintech geforce 5700 card which took a shit on me within 2 months =/ so I gotta get around to sending that to the manufacturer and hope they send one back. Although I think I'm gonna get the 128mb 6800 sometime regardless. I've never had a 'good computer' before so I'm making it now. It still won't be the best but by next month I hope to have an AMD Athlonx XP 3200 with a gig of pc3200 ram and maybe my geforce fx 5700 256mb if I get that replaced. if not I gotta do with this shitty gf2mx 32mb card for a little bit longer. But oh well it's not imperative that doom3 is purchased so I can wait. Rather have the powerful computing power to back up the graphics card ya know?

I usually put in like $250 a year. Then like every 2-4 years I buy an new system. The thing is that i never usually save enough to get a system that will last like 5 years because computer tech changes very fast. I ended up purchasing an Nvidia 6800 after looking at another thread and then Nvidia and Ati are releasing 512 Graphics Cards. See what I mean. Computers right now is not the best place to invest spending money because the tech improves way to fast.

I spend well over $1000 in upgrades per year! I do my best to keep my system as fast as I can. :)

wwo yeah you guys are making me feel bad with last week i just spent 1k on pc parts and i still need more i need more ram a new speaker system and a new video card considering i just bough this 1 like 2 weeks ago i need help are there meetings for this

Yes. There are places for people with spending problems and grammar problems. You'd fit right in! :)

Spending $600 for a graphics card is just dumb. In a few months its gonna drop to $400, $300, and even lower...and it's not like you can't play in the meantime with yer older card. You just have to tone things down for a bit. When my Geforce3 hit the market, it sold for like $400 bucks. Now you can practically find them in bargin bins at trade shows for pocket change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom