How Many Watts (PSU) Do I Need 2 Run Radeon 9800 PRO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
How many watts would I need to run a Radeon 9800 PRO on an AMD64 2800+ or 3000+? I am going to be adding neon lights and about 3 case fans. Would 360 Watts be enough? Or should I goto 400 Watts? Thx.

if your running all that stuff id actually go for the 500 watt. itll run great. You could get one off of ebay for about 50 60 bux tops. Id go for it. Cant have to big of a p.s

I just bought the Antec TruePower 380 /w Low Noise Technology. Amaizing... Simply amaizing.

It really depends on what else you are running in your comp. VGA cards are generally powered by the 3.3V rail, so you should be fine with any sort of power supply as there is usually a lot of overkill with the current on 3.3V in this day and age.

The AMD64 series actually consumes less power than the thoroughbred AMD Athlon series. So if your current power supply can support an athlon 2500, then your new one should be able to support this one. What are the specs on your current power supply? Look on the side and read off what is under +3.3V, +5V and +12V.

Also take a look at this page

http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/power_supply/page2.asp

you should be able to work it out from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom