How many frames per second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
When gaming, how many frames per second does it take for a game to look like it's running smoothly with no choppiness or lag?

I believe anything over 60 wont matter because of the human eye and all that jazz. I would say a good number is in the upper 40's

newer games upper 40's. Older games upper 70's to 100. I get 80's on newer games and way up there on older ones.

GameGURU, what do you mean when you say old games? Are you talking about stuff like Black Hawk Down, or older than that like the original Rainbow 6?

Okay seeing as nobody has actually answered your question ill attempt to do it

After approximately 20-25 the human eye cant see a difference

I answered his question. 20-25 is not enough FPS in my mind. Matter of fact in the game Americas Army 20-25 will start to hang when shooting the gun.

Mx-Chris, thanks for the link. I really liked that article. Considering that good FPS is what you're used to, after my emachines computer I think anything will look pretty good :)

i used to play online games with dial-up. to say the elast it was a terrible experiance but i had never experianced anyhing bette.r going to a friend's house he complained of incredible lag when i thought the framerate was smooth as silk.

now i have broadband and a radeon 9800xt, nothing short of 60fps will do for me and i usually get 100

i have no idea what smooth really is my computer is craptacular
luckily ill have a new one on sunday (i hope) when i play cs i find anything above 30 smooth because its been 40-50 my entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom