how to make restore disk - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to linux1880
Default how to make restore disk

My restore CD that comes with the computer has been corrupte. Can anyone help me how to make restore CD of the computer?
thanks in advance

Old 02-18-2004, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

Usually a restore CD is used upon boot. Pop the CD in the drive and then reboot the machine. What make/model machine is it?

-Mike

Old 02-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I did it , it doesn't work at all. I am asking to make the new one if there is any possibilities? I am 100% sure the CD has been corrupted. The machine i am using is e-machines
Old 02-19-2004, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

Sorry, I mis-understood what you were asking. You really can't "make" a new CD that specific to your machine. However you can contact the place where you bought your machine and they should be able to make another for you specific to your machine and software.

-Mike
Old 02-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

if your current operating system is not corrupted you can ghost the partition to image with norton ghost 2003 or 2004. this is a temperay solution. call up your pc manufacturer and ask for a replacement restore CD. this should cost you about $10.

given any series there are many variations in hardware. you must have the exact model number. example: presario 5600 series, you would need to know MT33-SR for your specific computer. their tech support will tell you where this number is.

another solution is make a cd copy of the restore disc, if it is scratched get it polished first. my opinion is your CD is not corrupt, that is not possible. i think what really happened was a hidden partition that held restore data got corrupted or changed. tech-support is what you need to call, not tech forums
Old 02-20-2004, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I never heard of this before.What is a "restore cd Disk" ?
What does it restore ?
What Win ver do you have. ?
When will people see the importance of this as i don't have a clue about XP,but i'm learning.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

restore CD is the CD in which you have the basic drivers such as video,modem and audio of your computer
Old 02-20-2004, 07:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

no offense but uhm, e-machines blow lol, if you spend like 500 bucks on one of their machines, i'd build you one that's faster and way more reliable, plus i'd give you a free copy of winxp and office xp, and.. art programs, whatever =X
Old 02-20-2004, 07:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Techie

Thanks Demalii, I am happy with what I have got, I just needed to know, If there is any possibilities to make Restore Cd without having to call tech-support, So my last resort is to call tech-support

Thanks for the replies

Closed Thread