How long would it take to transfer all hardware to a new case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzyoro

Baseband Member
well. i "might" purchase a new computer case soon. but before i start buying stuff, i wanna know how difficult and how long it normally takes to transfer all ur hardware components to another case.

It wont take to long, depending on how neat you want to be and how much stuff is in it.

would take me 1-3 hours. depends on what hardware. Dont forget you will also have to reinstall windows.

let's say i have 2 CD/DVD Drives, motehrboard, 2 hard drives, 1 stick of RAM, CPU, USB/Firewire Adapter, etc. i may of missed stuff.

about how long? estimated. like to unscrew everything, and rescrew.

wut about for someone who ahs never done it before? how long did it take u the first time u did it?

Dont forget you will also have to reinstall windows.

Not unless you change mobos in the process. If you just move everything from one case to the other, no problem.

What I would do is to move everything to the new case and get it back up and running before I tried to upgrade anything. You don't want to add in extra variables when swapping your hardware from one case to another.

hm.. so.. i have to make sure the motherboard fits in the new case.. wut if the layout of my old case was different. would i still be able to switch cases evem if i had all the parts?

ATX cases supports both ATX and MATX mobos, I doubt you have anything different.

If you're just movig stuff, 15 minutes is not a lot. If you're intsalling new hardware and stuff, 2 hours isn't alot either...

wut if my hard drive is in a case? do i just unscrew stuff take it out and install like any otehr hard drive?

does anyone have a GODO visual of the inside of a computer and where stuff are supposed to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom