How to get past a bios password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinu

Baseband Member
I just got an old crappy laptop from my dads work, but as soon as I power it up it asks for a password. This is def a bios on, but I cant even get into setup without it. My dad has no idea waht it is, and I would really like to be able to get past it and use the lappy.

How can I go about doing this, the thing has both a cd and floppy drive? Can I just pop in a system disk or OS cd and just go on from there? Or do I need to somehow flash the bios so the pass goes away?

By the way, this is not intended to try and access someones computer, so dont say its illegal and I shouldnt know how do do this.

You would have to reset the BIOS by taking out the batery for like 30 seconds, but it might be hard to get at because it's a laptop...

Ba careful with the battery... some laptop have certian devices that will save the password in non-volitie memory (dosnt need voltage). Doing this will only make things worse. Look it up in the laptop manual, or website.

bios password

Certain laptops have a reset button that you can push with a paper clip to reset passwords. You could also try to take out the cmos battery but that can be difficult on a laptop. Another thing would be to call the manufacturer, give them the model number, and see if there is a default password.

I agree with, "Calling the Manufacturer and get the BIOS default password. Every BIO's has a default RESET password." Just for these situations. Actually the default password is sometimes printed on the MOBO near the BIOS chip. I've seen 1234 & 1111 before.

It's usually a battery and and then a 3 pin jumper that you'll have to move. Not sure on a laptop but what's the model and manufacturer?

Are you sure it is a BIOS password. You shouldn't need that just to boot windows. I am betting it is something like Safegaurd Easy, which boots prior to windows booting. Shouldn't someone from your Dads work be able to give you the password if it is all on the up and up :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom