How To Format Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree5489

Baseband Member
I have one question, how do you format the hard drive.
I looked all over this forum and i've found about about 30 ways, all of which make about 0 sense to me. "boot w/ the OS disk," What the h*ll does that mean! (No offense to anyone, u people know what UR doing) I don't know a WHOLE lot about comps. but i do know that the way ppl talk about fomattin' their HD's it's gotta be somewhat simple. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to simply format my hard drive. I've got Windows XP, in a dell 2350, 60 GB HD, 512 MB ram, and a Pentium 4 processor at 2.5 gigs.
Thank U so much, In advance,
Jeff

Windows xp, this is very good for you.

Ok go into your bios set the cd-rom to run on boot-up. Now you will run into several xp style looking pages follow the directions and you can formatt no problem. all xp need is the cd so dont worrie about os boot disk as the cd is basically the boot disk.

I just tried to go into my bios and i'm not exactly sure how to do it. LOL, i'm sad. Could u be a little more specific in what i gotta do. Am i supposed to press alt when it's booting up? I have an idea what to do after that but could u help me, anyone.
Thanks so much,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom