how to find out info on power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I have a sony Vaio and i'm trying to find out what amout of power I have. I contacted Sony support and was told they would tell me what I need to know about my power supply, but it would cost me 29 dollars. There are no labels on the power supply and there are no brandnames on it either, and the computer manual says nothing about it. My case has been running hot and I wanted to add another fan, but i'm not sure if i'm close to using all the power up, since I've installed various other components that draw power. I would just install another power source unit, but Sony has these speical made psu's for their units, and i am not paying Sony the price they want. Is there a progam that will inform me of the amount of power I have available to me? I tried Belarc advisor but it didn't list my psu. my computer is a pvc-rx755, if that helps.

hdansjr said:
I have a sony Vaio and i'm trying to find out what amout of power I have. I contacted Sony support and was told they would tell me what I need to know about my power supply, but it would cost me 29 dollars. There are no labels on the power supply and there are no brandnames on it either, and the computer manual says nothing about it. My case has been running hot and I wanted to add another fan, but i'm not sure if i'm close to using all the power up, since I've installed various other components that draw power. I would just install another power source unit, but Sony has these speical made psu's for their units, and i am not paying Sony the price they want. Is there a progam that will inform me of the amount of power I have available to me? I tried Belarc advisor but it didn't list my psu. my computer is a pvc-rx755, if that helps.

im pretty sure that a case fan does not draw that much power.
But still if you are worried about adding a case fan, have you tried cleaning the dust out of the computer?

That would most likely fix your escalating heat problems.

thanks for that info baronvongogo.
Yeah, i clean the computer's inside about once every 3 months, just to make sure it's nice and clean. I'll probably just add a small fan, hopefully my psu is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom