How far will technology go? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: How far will technology go?

i bet it will be VIA.

and they'll plaster a huge sticker on the side of it that says WHOS #1 NOW *****!

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Camera junky

has anyone else here played mgs4? if you did you will know why this is a bad idea.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/poizen22/
intel Core I7 8700k@ 5.0ghz-Nvidia GTX1080 ti ftw3-Aorus 5 z370 mobo-16gb ddr4 G-Skill trident Z rgb 3000mhz - 1tb samsung 960 pro, 2tb wd blue- thermaltake rgb 750w gold-Phanteks pro M TG- Samsung CHG70 1440p 144hz 32 inch QLED.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiebuilderguy View Post
It will go as far as it goes until 2012
oh here we go lol, dec.21st 2012 theory. Ill be 21, im going to get smashed that night and we'll see what happens lol.

|Steam-Braz90|*
Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oldie but a goodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiebuilderguy View Post
It will go as far as it goes until 2012
Those Mayans are receiving a lot more crediblity than they ever expected I think. Why does everyone put so much stock in that BS ? I know it is a joke, but some people believe that
Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

I'm a firm believer that they realized that they were ****ed and wouldn't last until 2012, so there was no need to make party night dates past then
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Camera junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
Those Mayans are receiving a lot more crediblity than they ever expected I think. Why does everyone put so much stock in that BS ? I know it is a joke, but some people believe that
look at where our world is going, it isnt hard to beleive something could happen.

intel Core I7 8700k@ 5.0ghz-Nvidia GTX1080 ti ftw3-Aorus 5 z370 mobo-16gb ddr4 G-Skill trident Z rgb 3000mhz - 1tb samsung 960 pro, 2tb wd blue- thermaltake rgb 750w gold-Phanteks pro M TG- Samsung CHG70 1440p 144hz 32 inch QLED.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poizen22 View Post
look at where our world is going, it isnt hard to beleive something could happen.
If a lot of people believe something could happen, then it might. i.e. self-fulfilling prophecy.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Camera junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
If a lot of people believe something could happen, then it might. i.e. self-fulfilling prophecy.
exacly i could beleive that some nut would do something just to fullfill it so he could be the one to do it. not alot of people know this but 9/11 happend on the day it did because osama wanted t o fullfill a profecie made by plato or something like that not sure if it was him or the original planer. all i know is they did it on that day specificaly to full fill a profecy. no i didnt hear it from any conspiracy vids either. learnt about it in philosophy in shcool.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Monster Techie

There is along way to go.

Yes, computing power is advancing at an astonishing rate, which probably wont slow any time soon. They are currently building a supercomputer that can recreate the synapses of a cat brain, ie, each transistor replicates one. But, guess what, it wont be as intelligent as a cat brain... cause of software.

Theres still along way to go, i would say on the software side of things - and i think thats going to be slower as things get more complex. ****, we still cant make cars that drive by themselves without hitting things. I think its great how people think we will be able to replicate a human brain in a few years, totally forgeting a little thing called conciousness that we still have no idea about...anyway.

As for power though, quantum computing has already seen proof of concept, so we might be seeing one of those 'trying' to power Crysis 11 in a few decades.

Oh and I bet out of all this 2012 BS, there is someone making a mint. I should start selling tickets to heaven on ebay...
Old 01-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste

Technology singularity...

Closed Thread