How does the processor know how to recognize certain 1 and 0's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt' find much, but I'd say if you wanted to write a program that bypasses windows and sends assembly, then yes.. you could, but would be a pain. Usually a program would just use the windows interface. Takes the C++, VB, Foxpro, or whatever, converts (EVENTUALLY) to assembly, zips it off to the processors micro support, they take that assembly, compare it to the instructions and passes the binary/machine equivilent to the CPU

8X Good lord....you said I typed a lot major..that all just went way past me

if you want to know how a CPU processes instructions, you have to know what transistors are, what they do and how they do it

transistors are little devices which a number of 'bits' (usually 2) are entered at once, and depending on the combination of 1's and 0's, and the transistor type, output either a one or zero - I have made a little image which I have attached below

every type of microprocessor has millions, even billions of transistors which are used to process data in the form of bits, and give a certain output

here is a list of just somke of the different transistor trypes and their outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom