How does my system hold up to recent games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True True..the thing is, I live in a dorm where we don't get individual internet, and the only time I can play CS is with bots. That's not too fun.

you could try sell the x800pro and your CPU on ebay or whatever, and get an AMD 64 4000+ san diego or x2 3800+ (both ~$320) and a 6800GS ($190)

The thing is..I don't have the original case or anything anymore...How much would that go for on Ebay?

TaiwaneseKai said:
True True..the thing is, I live in a dorm where we don't get individual internet, and the only time I can play CS is with bots. That's not too fun.

Then u isnt their some LAN servers running?

Ther're only 6 guys living in my dorm. Only 2 (including me) have computers that run CS...(I'm in high school)

gaara said:
You need a complete overhaul...your processor isn't ideal for gaming at all and while it is true it will pull it's weight, you probably paid a boatload for the processor, motherboard and memory that includes numerous features you won't need

The FX-51 isn't ideal for gaming? wow... that's news to me.
Sure it's not an FX 53,55,57 or 60. But, a 2.2Ghz AMD anything is going to be good from gaming. Not to mention the FX series....

It is unknown to most that the FX-51 and early models of the FX-53, despite belonging to the godly FX family, originated on socket 940 package before the uniform 939 platform was introduced. In other words, the FX-51 has to deal with the expensive features that come along socket 940, in particular registered memory, and a limited selection of good consumer boards, so as I mentioned, you paid a boatload for the FX-51 to get a lot of features you really don't need and could have gotten a similar performing system for much cheaper

But as I said, it's not a bad system by any means, but you don't really want to upgrade it and if you are you would be better going with a complete overhaul IMO

Well...I still haven't gotten a clear answer to my original question, though. I really wanna know if I could run Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield 2 solidly on my present computer.

Probably. Just dont expect max settings on high resolutions. I could run BF2 on a P4 2.6GHz with 512MB RAM and a FX5200 video card and get decent frames on low settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom