How does my system hold up to recent games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiwaneseKai

Baseband Member
Hey guys..I bought my system about an year ago, and I was just wondering how it would hold up to the newest games, such as Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2, etc.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 FX-51 2.2 ghz, 64-bit
ATI X800 Pro video card
1 gig ram
200 GB Hard Drive

Is there anything else you guys need? Thanks for anything you can give me.

Another question, I asked my friend how my processor was, and he said I should have gotten the Pentium 4 3.2 ghz instead of the Athlon 64. I got my computer at about Christmas time last year, and there's so many different kinds of the processor that I don't even know which one is mine anymore. But how does my processor hold up to the newer ones? And did I make a good choice picking this one instead of Pentium?

Thanks.

I saw the Suggested requirements for Call of Duty 2, and it said 2.8 ghz, but I'm thinking they meant a 32 bit cpu, would my 2.2 ghz 64-bit, do well with that?

You should be fine with that. The ghz requirements are always using Pentium speeds, and even then they arent accurate. i have a friend who has a P4 1.5GHz and he can easily run COD2.
AMD>Intel for gaming.

i have never heard of those...
when you go into "my computer" and click "view system information", it will give you your processor name, memory, etc.

That system is mostly still good, but your video card could really use some upgrading. The X800 Pro is not a good card, unless you are comparing it to integrated graphics. Now is not the time to upgrade though. Wait till this summer, get yourself a GeForce 8 series card and that should last you a while.

You need a complete overhaul...your processor isn't ideal for gaming at all and while it is true it will pull it's weight, you probably paid a boatload for the processor, motherboard and memory that includes numerous features you won't need

Dang...Yes I did pay a boatload for the whole system...I don't think I can convince my parents to get me a whole new system for at least another year, but I do think that I can save up money myself to get myself a new vid card...but a whole system??? *scowls* Is it really that bad?

Lets put it this way.
First of all, it's not that bad, that guy was over exagerating ok?
Second of all, tbh you could do with a better system, and if you can't run games like BF2, CoD2 (which you should be able to anyway), im sure you can play/get into other games for a year or so, untill you can afford for a new pc. Games like CS, or CSS I don't ever get tired of. Try some other games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom