How does the inside of your PC look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Nubius...thats looks horrible, lol. But for all the bells and whistles you've put in there, I suppose its worth it? Lots of watercooling.

Nubius said:
Thermaltake Xaser V I believe...it's heavy as all hell...about 60lbs+ with everything inside it like it is...was a beotch to carry at the newegg LAN because the distance from the parking garage to the floor where you sat your computer was a fairly long way.

Hahaha. I feel for you.

Wow Nubius...thats looks horrible, lol. But for all the bells and whistles you've put in there, I suppose its worth it? Lots of watercooling.
Meh, don't care...my components are cool and although the wires look like crap they are still pushed over to the side away from the motherboard so they don't impede on anything.

I even tried making it look nice, but 1. I suck at wire management, and 2 as I was hooking everything up, more and more wires just accumulated and I couldn't do anything with them lol.

I have to use EVERY single one of my power dongles in my case, so by the time you figure in the 4 long ass wires for the molex connectors, the 20pin connector fat ass cable, the 4pin AUX connector, the 3 IDE cables, 2 SATA cables, wires for the various fans, pump power, theres a lot of crap to be stuffed away with no real room to stuff it into.

Yeah, I know what ya mean Nubius. I've got the Xaser III. Not a light item. Talking of neatness and stuff (just staying on topic) have you had any problems with the quick release plastic fastenings and the backplane. While I like them, I've found that they foul a lot of cards and end up taking them out and using screws anyway. Have you found a way around this?

I only ask because I notice your vid card one isn't locked down, pretty much like mine at the mo.

I consider myself pretty good at cable manageing. My case dosent look to bad though but it could use some work. Im gonna work on it before i imput it into the case mod thing.

Yeah, I know what ya mean Nubius. I've got the Xaser III. Not a light item. Talking of neatness and stuff (just staying on topic) have you had any problems with the quick release plastic fastenings and the backplane. While I like them, I've found that they foul a lot of cards and end up taking them out and using screws anyway. Have you found a way around this?

I only ask because I notice your vid card one isn't locked down, pretty much like mine at the mo
Oh man I hate those 'quick toolless' BS craps to no living end.

You cant see it in that picture, but it's impossible for that plastic piece to lock down on the card because the PCB of the card is like...2mm's higher than where the metal edge leaves off....everything else locks down but yeah they suck...I can't even put in my ghetto home made PCI slot fans because if I try to put it in...since it doesn't actually fit into a PCI-slot and all it won't stay straight..the plastic clips don't have enough force to keep it level in the case so when it's in there it droops down and doesn't blow directly on my card like I want it.

I've never had them screw up a card though nor had I thought about taking it out...seemed like it'd just be a pain so I dealt with it

If you undo them and the angle them slightly they do come out totally. You can then use a normal screw to screw into the plastic and secure the card that way. That's what I did, got sick of my Audigy coming loose.

I always use headphones...every once in a blue moon (like right now actually) I plug in my cheap little subwoofer and 2 satellite speakers which is just one stereo jack like my headphones so it's never been a problem.

Yeah, but as you know a lot of vid cards are affected too. Now ya don't want that working loose.

Anyway, the inside of my case is dusty, messy and dark...Can I get out now???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom