how do u adjust the widescreen ratio when connecting to a HDTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
reason i ask is because my close friend has this computer connected to this HDTV:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 40" 16:9 8ms 1080p LCD HDTV w/ ATSC Tuner Model LNT4065F - Retail

He's using a 7900 GTX, has Windows Vista Ultimate, n connects his 19" SAMSUNG 4:3 ratio n his HDTV to the card, but mainly uses the HDTV at a 1280x1024 resolution n strech it to fit the whole screen. Last time i went to his place, i had him change the resolution to the HDTV resolution *1920x1080p*. When this happens, the screen OVERLAPS the screen. We tried setting the HDTV to norm or full, no zoom or anything that can stretch the screen n it still overlaps the screen. I think this is a graphics card issue, not the HDTV, so i need instruction or steps on changing the screen ratio, because i think he has it at 16:10, not 16:9.

right now his live in a dorm in UC Merced, CA n i txt him n stuff n i want to help him out.

any help is much appreciated. Thx.

Maybe it's a Vista issue. I have the same problem with my setup. However, under xp, the resolution was very good and no overlapping.

xp does it too help would be cool for this guy as i hav the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom