How do I upgrade my cpu? Can I go from 800 celeron to p4 1.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megadeth:

A post should be able to go on as long as there are still questions to be answered. The post went beyond the initial question to further questions I had regarding putting a new cpu in once I had figured out what I could put in it.

Found this in another forum: "The HP BIOS version 3 gives the board Tualatin support, so you can use any P3/Celeron that uses a 66/100MHz bus."

Regardless, even your post didn't "end...this one." You had too many "I think"s in your post to end anything. I have every opportunity to upgrade beyond my current cpu. No one said you had to read this post, so if you're sorry for being harsh, then don't...simple as that.

I thought about putting in a faster cpu also kind of in the same boat your in, mine is a dell 4100 p3 733mhz 133fbs 512 sdram 133mhz just about bought another processor on Ebay then didn't thinking why don't i just buy another motherboard with a faster cpu (p.4 2.4?) and get the ram the new board would require? the cost is a bit more still have not desided which way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom