how do i remote access another computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I am trying that tonight. I installed the host on my work pc and will install the full version on my home pc. We will see how it goes!

If you both have live messenger there is a RDC utillity built directly into that I have used it when friends give me the "Oh Chrisss, can you tell me what's broken" and I don't want to hold there hand through a port forwarding session over the phone.

I just got done using TeamViewer. It gets the job done for what I need but it is kinda slow, even when I have it on settings for speed, which is actually what it auto set me at to begin with.

I like it...extremely simple and I don't need anything else. Good suggestion Trotter, rep!

My friend has problems with his computer again, and i feel bad for him traveling an hour to my house just so i can fix it when i probably can just remote access. Me techie, he isnt. We both have Vista too. Has problems that also affected his internet connection, so that is another issue too but i will try remote access still anyways.

any higher level techies know much about remote access with Vista?

Provided that he can still get onto the internet, what i use my with clients is www.logmein.com
I normally use the logmein free with my clients. It's free and simple to use. Beat me from having to get in my car and go over to the loction to fix the issue.

ok so my friend's computer is doing fine, he was just freaking out because, imo, the internet was acting up so much for him that he asked me for help. Thx for all the suggestions guys. I appreciate it.

I was using TeamViewer last night to help my wife's cousin with her computer. It was tripping her out to see me moving things on her computer from mine. :D

teamviewer - buddy told me there's a 5 minute time limit for free version

ultravnc - single click is the way to go. the client downloads a file, its installs all software silently, they double click your computer from a list, this initiates a connection to your machine. When the session is finished, the software automatically removes itself from the client machine. You need a special setup if the server computer is behind a nat. I read pchelpware was created to make the configs easier. PcHelpware - UltraVNC: Remote Support Software, Remote Support tool,Remote Desktop Control, Remote Access Software, PC Remote Control

logmein - takes too long to start a session. download this, install it, login, register, what's your password....bah, forget it.

now our company pays for gotomeeting...yay

another good pay site would be webex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom