How do I re-format my new pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
insert a bootable CD when u swicthed on your computer
then boot it from the CD...
later, just follow on the instructions on the screen :)

If it doesnt start to try booting from the CD, you may need to change the boot sequence in the BIOS. Set the CDROM to boot before Hard Disk 0.

all what i ment was in what order do i have to put in the cd's
i know that windows xp is the first one but whats the order for the other 2?

does ur mobo need drivers for raid or anything like that? it will give you an option when installing windows to install 3rd party drivers, think u gotta press f6 and be quick, that would be when you use the other cd's if you even have to

Refer to your motherboard manual for loading device drivers and especially sm buss firmware.(think sm buss is correct) Usually you want to load the hardware upgrade following the xp install. Suggest staying off the internet to upgrade the hardware. Also check the mfg site for any additional driver upgrades or tips. Hope this helps and please read the manual.

Please can anyone be more exacting, I have only had this pc a few weeks, and would like to know what cd's the order is.
thanx

The order of installation is the same as you listed. You must backup all your data before reinstalling windows. If winxp is installed on drive C and your data is located on drive D you will nnot lose any data on D if you reinstall on C. If your hard disk is over 30GB you should partition your disk so winxp is using 10-15GB or more and allocate the rest to a partition for storing data.

winxp (boot with this CD to install OS & setup partitions)
motherboard
video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom