How do I get power to this monitor...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enlightenedmind

Beta member
Hey guys. I have recently come across a monitor that has an odd power connector. I have only seen this type of connector on 12 volt AC/DC power adapters and never the male jack on the DC receiving end. I have been unable to locate an appropriate adapter or power supply online or anything about this kind of monitors. It is a Zentech 9" SVGA monochrome, model #: IZ-3100TM, rating: 12V DC, 20W max. You can see pics of the monitors power connector here and here . If you have any info on where I can find an adapter or anything please inform me! peace!

Good luck, I don't even think they exist anymore.. atleast not as a monitor manufacturer.
Buy a new monitor.. you can get cheap CRT's for under $100 on newegg.

Try Radio Shack, or just invest in a new monitor.

My Grandma got a good used monitor from a computer shop for $35. it was a 15", but that was big enough for her.

monochrome? What would you want one of those for? I mean, I know it's cool sometimes to have super old things, for nostalgic purposes and what not. Howver, a monitor does not fit under that category.

it's not like i like this monochrome crt or anything... lol. it's for a mod i've been working on and i have purchased 3 prior 9" CRTs and this one fits the mod case perfectly and has a max res of 1024x768 where as a lot of the other 9" ones you find will only max out at 640x480 or 800x600.

Alright then, you know what you are doing. But, I honestly could not help you out with the power issue on that, sorry.

Good luck
-Bones

12 volts@20 watts max, no need for an adapter, connect it to one of the 12volt lines from the PC power supply, what kind of connector you use wouldnt matter, you could hard wire it you had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom